THESE ARE THE KEY FACTS…
You can always:
- ask us for a copy of the information we have about you
- ask us to update the information we have about you (you can update it too!)
- ask us to delete the information we have about you
We will always:
- follow the law on how we can keep and use the information we have about you
- make sure our policies are the best they can be
We will never:
- give the information we have about you to anyone else, unless…
- …you tell us we can
- …we think that doing so will protect you from harm
- …the law says we have to (e.g. to prevent a crime)
- tell people about our work with you in a way that you can be identified, unless you have told us we can
- use the information you have given us to sell you anything, unless you have told us we can
We love innovation and education, and hate the idea of tracking you and doing clever but unscrupulous stuff with your data. It’s not why we are here and never will be.
Your privacy is important to us. It is Ingrained Limited’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website, https://www.startupsherpas.org, and other sites we own and operate.
We ask for and use only the minimum amount of data from you.
- We only collect and store your first and last name, and email address (which is used as your Sign In ID).
- We use this ID to give you the right set of innovation instructions, and to identify any project information you create as yours.
- We only track your learning activities so your progress can be understood. This data is available to teachers in your school if you are on our school’s programme.
- If you buy a subscription to startupsherpas.org, then you will be asked for your credit card details, which we communicate to Stripe (our payment gateway) using secure methods. We do not store or process any credit card details at startupsherpas.org.
We only ask for personal information when we truly need it to provide a service to you. We collect it by fair and lawful means, with your knowledge and consent. We also let you know why we’re collecting it and how it will be used.
We only retain collected information for as long as necessary to provide you with your requested service. What data we store, we’ll protect within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. We will archive your data for 1 year and will then destroy it permanently.
We don’t share any personally identifying information publicly or with third-parties, except when required to by law. That’s it, simple!
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and practices of these sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy policies.
You are free to refuse our request for your personal information, with the understanding that we may be unable to provide you with some of your desired services.
Your continued use of our website will be regarded as acceptance of our practices around privacy and personal information. If you have any questions about how we handle user data and personal information, feel free to contact us.
|swpm_session||User session management||Necessary|
|__stripe_mid||This cookie is set by Stripe payment gateway. This cookie is used to enable payment on the website without storing any patment information on a server.||1 year||Necessary|
|__stripe_sid||This cookie is set by Stripe payment gateway. This cookie is used to enable payment on the website without storing any patment information on a server.||30 minutes||Necessary|
|_ga||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to calculate visitor, session, campaign data and keep track of site usage for the site’s analytics report. The cookies store information anonymously and assign a randomly generated number to identify unique visitors.||2 years||Analytics|
|_gid||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to store information of how visitors use a website and helps in creating an analytics report of how the wbsite is doing. The data collected including the number visitors, the source where they have come from, and the pages viisted in an anonymous form.||1 day||Analytics|
|lang||This cookie is used to store the language preferences of a user to serve up content in that stored language the next time user visit the website.||Functional|
This policy is effective as of 20 October 2021.